Be Careful: Mom Applies Vicks VapoRub To Her Baby, Shortly After He Passed Away

It might be hard to believe, after all, many of us had used Vicks VapoRub . It seems like a harmless ointment. A Mexican mother tells her tragedy to warn other parents and avoid someone else going through what she went through. One day she came back from work she felt her baby had a fever. She thought it was just a common cold and thought about a home remedy to relieve him. She rubbed Vick VapoRub on his chest, back, and under his nose to help him breathe. She tucked him up and laid down next to him. When she woke up, she noticed her son wasn’t breathing. She carried him to the hospital to save him. But, sadly, everything was pointless, the baby had been dead for hours. The medical report stated the child died due to inflammation in the respiratory track, produced by the camphor contained in the famous ointment. The label warns the ointment is contraindicated for children younger than 3 years old. Sadly, in the case of the Mexican mother, the warning went unnoticed. Using home remedies for several affections is something common in homes around the world, but we hope this story draw attention to this fact: when children are concerned, we must always read the labels and ask for the advice of experts before using any home remedy.